Colleen in Bliss

Colleen in Bliss

Monday, February 16, 2015

From Basia B

We are all I feel a little timid, I guess, yet I want to thank you for doing this work for us. It is wonderful to feel the community in the air around us, like a loving mist !!!
For me, the most important lesson, apart from the obvious ( the teachings of R and C, the presence of K and L ) were two comments I heard. One is when Pierre, after I presented my sequence came to me and said: you could have thanked Chloe!; and the second is when Rodney told us that no one thought of giving her a mat. I realized how many times we miss the occasion of expressing gratitude. Little by little, we build around us a wall of indifference. Little by little, we loose also the ability to really see the other .
I do it now- express gratitude - in France, where I am for a couple of weeks, and people think I am crazy! Never mind.
Homework is quite a challenge. It compels one to go the the heart of poses.
Bonne chance. 


Basis Bismuth

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful reminder Basia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. basia...i think that often we are so "timid" (nervous?) in ytt, we may forget even the simplest of expressions/directions/instructions. but it doesn't mean we do not know or feel these things. the training is wonderful, intense &, yes, intimidating!! you are ever gracious in my opinion!
    as for being crazy, i am confronted with similar mindsets. maybe they are correct. but how do you say..."n'importe!"... i think that is it.
    bonne chance. veronica

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's crazy, Basia, it's my kind of crazy! Thank you for your writing and the reminder to always be kind, always be grateful, to always address the comfort and needs of our community. EVEN when we're all a bit intimidated and frozen.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete