Colleen in Bliss

Colleen in Bliss

Saturday, April 11, 2015

What Bob Dylan said of his friend and fellow songwriter Billy Lee, "He was a true original....He did it all.  He was a deep, truthful man.  He wasn't bitter or nostalgic.  He just accepted. He knew where he came from and he was content with who he was.", not only seems true of Billy, but Dylan himself, and speaks to my own experience in my yoga practice.  The word self containment comes to mind.

Maybe there are other ways to become deep, truthful, accepting, self contained while acknowledging where we have come from, as Dylan did, but I know of no better way than through a sustained yoga practice..Honoring where I have come from, as Dylan did by acknowledging the source of his material, keeps me mindful of the "Great Chain of Being", where we each have a unique and definite place in the universal order of things but are at the same time deeply interdependent.  We each have a part to play but are actually interconnected and develop with and through each other and all of creation.  This is what I am beginning to feel through my yoga practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment