Colleen in Bliss

Colleen in Bliss

Friday, March 27, 2015

From Pierre Bismuth:

Bob Dylan was not part of my culture. I have really started listening to him and reading his lyrics when I received the home work. I am reading his autobiography and  listen to all the singers who have inspired him and reading the lyrics. This is how I rediscovered  Johnny Cash and found this  Joni Mitchell ‘s lyrics

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all…

…I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take, and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all
 I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

  I am not progressing very fast but it is a wonderful journey in an unknown past for me.

1 comment:

  1. pierre, that song has resonated within me for more years than i care to count. i am glad you have discovered it along your journey.

    ReplyDelete